The Port of Thunder Bay is located at the head of the Great Lakes/St. Lawrence Seaway System, a dynamic navigable waterway that stretches 3700 kilometres into the heart of the North American continent.
50,000 sq ft of Additional Heated Space
Upgraded rail and expanded laydown
DIMENSIONAL CARGO HANDLING:
- Wind turbine blades, nacelles, towers and hubs
- Mining equipment
- Oilsands components
- Electrical Infrastructure
- Structural steel and rail
- Modular buildings
GENERAL CARGO TERMINAL AT A GLANCE
- 80-acre full-service facility
- Liebherr LHM 320 mobile harbour crane
- Vast laydown area
- 50,000 sq. metres indoor storage
- Heated storage available
- On-dock to CN and CP railways
- Adjacent to the TransCanada & U.S. highways
- Intermodal yard
- Track-mobile services on-site
The Port of Thunder Bay and the Seaway is the preferred marine route for European trade with Western Canada. The Port is an important facilitator of commerce in the Thunder Bay region.
EXPORT PORT ON
TONNES OF GRAIN
Mobile Harbour Crane
Thunder Bay is equipped with a Liebherr LHM 320 Mobile Harbour Crane for handling dimensional cargo.
The crane has a 104-tonne lifting capacity at an 18.5 metre reach.
It is capable of lifting project cargo, break bulk such as steel and forest products, containers and bulk cargo.